Kasey Krifka, The Climate Trust
June 1, 2017
It’s The Climate Trust’s 20-year Anniversary on June 26th, and in honor of the occasion we’re celebrating all month long! Over our lifetime we’ve reduced 3.5 million metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions—an incredible milestone equivalent to carbon sequestered by 3,286,765 acres of U.S. forests in one year.
That alone is reason for celebration, but we’re also offering a commemorative pint glass for $20+ donations in the month of June. Make a gift in support of clean air, water, and soil, then sit back and enjoy a well deserved beverage.
Here are a few reasons to raise your glass and cheer!
– We’ve been around since 1997—we’re actually the oldest carbon entity in the nation!
– Our carbon investment fund is currently making $250-$2 million investments in greenhouse gas reduction projects in the forestry, grassland conservation, and livestock digester sectors—$5.5 million total for our pilot fund
– An additional 2 million tons of emissions reductions are currently under contract—5.5 million tons total (equal to taking 1.2 million passenger vehicles off the road)
– 86% of every dollar at The Climate Trust is spent directly on creating a more sustainable future
– We have been honored for the last three years as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For by Oregon Business Magazine; we were ranked as one of the Top 100 Green Workplaces in Oregon; and for two years running we have received the national When Work Works award for demonstrating workplace flexibility
– Our team gives back to the community each year through a group volunteer activity, and staff are encouraged to make a difference individually through paid volunteer hours
Image credit: Flickr/Mark Seton