The Climate Trust | Notable Achievements
- January 2019: Climate Trust Capital’s Fund I fully invested in seven carbon projects; three grasslands, and two each in forestry and livestock digesters.
- October 2018: The Climate Trust reached $40M in carbon offset project funding commitments.
- July 2018: Fund I portfolio fully committed.
- July 2017: The Climate Trust, through the Verified Emission Reductions Association, contributed to the legislation that extended California’s carbon market through 2030.
- May 2017: Fund I closed its first investment in the Great Mountain Forest’s carbon project.
- October 2016: The Climate Trust launched Fund I, a first-of-its-kind carbon investment fund to provide early-stage funding for US-based offset projects after securing a $5.5M Program Related Investment from the David & Lucile Packard Foundation.
- June 2016: The Climate Trust reached 3 million metric tons of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduced.
- September 2015: The Climate Trust was awarded a $1M Conservation Innovation Grant from the USDA to explore creating an investment fund to finance forestry, grassland conservation and livestock digester projects.
- April 2015: The Climate Trust purchased the first-ever California Carbon Offsets (CCOs) from an Avoided Forest Conversion project; conserving more than 3,700 acres of coastal habitat near Charleston, S.C.
- June 2012: The Climate Trust reached 1 million metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions reduced.
- September 2011: The Climate Trust partnered with Ducks Unlimited to secure the first purchase of Avoided Grasslands Conversion offsets with Bonneville Environmental Foundation.
- October 2010: The Climate Trust reached $10M in carbon offset project funding commitments.