Karena Gruber, The Climate Trust
October 7, 2014
The Climate Trust provides the opportunity to work on climate change solutions in a highly collaborative and energetic workplace. Generous benefits, flexible hours, bike and dog-friendly! What more could you ask for?
Title: Senior Project Analyst, Forestry
Reports to: Senior Program Manager
Posting Date: October 7, 2014
Application Deadline: Until Filled
The Climate Trust, a quickly growing non-profit based in Portland, OR, is a national leader in the development and promotion of high quality greenhouse gas offset projects. The Trust is seeking a detail oriented forestry expert to provide technical expertise to support project acquisition efforts in the forestry sector, prioritize the adoption of land based conservation projects throughout the US for acquisition as part of The Climate Trust’s portfolio, and assist in delivery of climate services as related to project acquisitions. This is an exciting opportunity to work on innovative climate change solutions in a highly collaborative, congenial, and entrepreneurial atmosphere.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Evaluate greenhouse gas emission reduction projects including eligibility assessment, quantification, protocol requirements, and project viability with a preference for individuals with demonstrated experience in forestry sector projects
• Track and advise The Climate Trust on forest carbon policy and market related developments. Serve as the primary point of engagement with Project Standards organizations on respective forest carbon project protocols
• Work with project owners to gather the necessary information to measure, monitor, and verify a project’s emissions reduction performance
• Manage and track the contractual obligations and performance of forest carbon emission reduction purchase agreements and additional emission reduction purchase agreements as assigned
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with a broad range of stakeholders including technical experts, registry staff, verifiers, and project developers in multiple sectors
• Contribute to the development and implementation of forest carbon climate services initiatives such as scoping and budgeting and executing climate services deliverables
• Ability to travel
• MA or MS in natural sciences
• Strong working knowledge of forestry compliance and voluntary carbon market standards and protocols
• Demonstrated proficiency in one or more of the models used in quantifying forestry carbon offset projects
• Strong communication skills
• Strong Excel, database, and quantitative skills
• Strong writing, research, and analysis skills
• Ability to translate technical concepts into written deliverable to non technical audiences
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Climate Trust offers a very strong benefits package, including a generous medical, dental and vision plan; 5 weeks PTO; flexible work hours; a 401K match; and a bus/bike incentive program.
The Climate Trust is an equal opportunity employer.
©2017 The Climate Trust. Crafted by ILLUSIO