As a pioneer and nationally-recognized leader in the carbon market, The Climate Trust develops, manages and invests in US-based carbon offset projects that reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
With over 20 years of technical expertise and extensive market experience, The Climate Trust develops offset projects at their critical early stages, and manages the projects until sale of offset credits. An understanding of carbon markets and underlying risks includes robust due diligence, working with mission-aligned partners and active project management.
The Climate Trust: Nonprofit that funds and primarily retires carbon offsets.
- Manages two types of offset acquisition programs: regulatory and voluntary
- Partners with organizations to develop and fund carbon offset projects to build robust, transparent carbon markets
- Ensures carbon offsets that are delivered and retired meet rigorous, third-party standards to provide tangible benefits for communities and the environment
- Sells carbon offsets to voluntary and compliance buyers
- Advocates and lends expertise to sound carbon pricing policies
Climate Trust Capital: Wholly-owned subsidiary of The Climate Trust that manages funds which invest in US-based carbon offset projects seeking a market rate of return.
- Funds investment-grade, US-based carbon offset projects through its investment funds
- $5.5 million Fund I fully invested in December 2018
- Mitigates carbon market risk to land owners by providing upfront financing for future carbon revenues
- Partners with landowners and nonprofit organizations to develop and fund carbon offset projects
- Demonstrates carbon investments can generate market rate returns
- Ensures carbon offsets retired and delivered meet rigorous, third-party standards to provide tangible benefits for communities and the environment