Position Available: Accounting Coordinator
Title: Accounting Coordinator (pdf)
Reports to: Senior Staff Accountant
Posting Date: January 12, 2016
Status: Full time
Application Deadline: Until Filled
The Climate Trust, a quickly growing non-profit, based in Portland, OR, is a national leader in the development and promotion of high quality greenhouse gas offset projects. We are a small organization on the edge of big things. Can you help us make it happen?
The Trust is seeking an energetic, detail oriented problem solver and dot connector, who will be responsible for all regular monthly accounting activities. The right candidate will not be afraid to take on new challenges and grow their role, engage with the team in building a new business model, and develop new processes, even when doing so is a bit scary.
- Assist senior staff accountant with all accounting functions, including A/R, A/P, prepare annual 1099s/1096, bank reconciliations, book bank transactions, and month end close
- Assist staff accountant in preparation for annual audit
- Assist in Payroll/401k/benefits/deductions (prep/enter/run/audit ADP), 401(k) audit and related payroll entries, cost allocations
- Assist in providing regular monthly financial reporting for all departments
- Make bank deposits
- Provide support as needed to staff accountant on special projects
- Maintain accounting files
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures documents
- Work with staff on timely completion of time sheets, expense reports, and other finance related activities
- Demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office applications, (intermediate Excel) and Quickbooks
- Two to five years accounting experience and formal education in accounting
- Impeccable written and verbal skills—including grammar and clarity in all forms
- Experience with supporting human resources departments
- Strong aptitude for stepping up to challenges
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Climate Trust offers a very strong benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; five weeks paid time off in the first year; flexible work hours; a 401K match; and a bus/bike commute incentive program.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a resume and cover letter with preferred salary range to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
The Climate Trust is an equal opportunity employer.