Position Available: Project Analyst
Title: Project Analyst (pdf)
Reports to: Senior Portfolio Manager
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Location: Portland, Oregon
Status: Exempt, 1.0 FTE
Who We Are
- A non-profit based in Portland, OR, and a national leader in the development and promotion of high-quality greenhouse gas offset projects
- A small but mighty team that works closely on the mission to reduce the devastating effects of climate change and also enjoys each other’s company at pot luck lunches, quarterly team outings, and many trips to the nearby watering holes
- A highly collaborative, innovative, and entrepreneurial organization
- The type of people who work hard and never say, “that’s not my job”
What We Are Looking For
- Able to provide technical expertise to support the acquisition of new carbon offset projects and project development primarily in the biogas sector
- Have a passion for carbon accounting and managing our current and future inventory of offsets to meet our programmatic and contractual obligations
- Equally comfortable researching and digesting complex carbon project protocols and quantification methodologies, conducting muddy, sweaty fieldwork, and meeting in formal settings—all within the same week
- Diligent about managing our internal Salesforce Registry to ensure our offset transactions are documented to support our annual financial audit
- Excited by the potential to expand beyond the bounds of the job description
- Apply greenhouse gas offset protocols to existing and potentially new projects in The Climate Trust’s portfolio to gather, organize and assist in the verification of the data needed to generate carbon offsets, with a focus on biogas projects.
- Assist with the project evaluation process including, but not limiting to analyzing the technical, credit, market, and perception risks of a project
- Manage and maintain our Salesforce-based internal project portfolio and program tracking registry and accompanying documents that track the financial and credit delivery status of contracted emission reduction projects and how they are obligated across our organization and our acquisition programs
- Serve as the primary contact and manage offset deliveries, transfers, and retirements over third-party offset project registries.
- Maintain and generate reports to support internal decision-making and to meet reporting requirements for our client programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience reading and translating technical and quantitative documents, like carbon offset protocols
- High level of comfort in Microsoft Excel to gather, aggregate and calculate data
- Knowledge and excitement about carbon offset markets, greenhouse gas measurement and monitoring is preferred
- BS in Environmental Science, Economics or related field and at least two years’ professional experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in Salesforce and MS Office applications
- Strong excel, database (CRM), and quantitative skills
- Must be highly collaborative, accountable, and self-motivated
- Ability to work at a computer for long stretches
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Climate Trust offers a very strong benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; five weeks paid time off in the first year; flexible work hours; a 401(k) match; and a bus/bike commute incentive program.
How to Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted. The Climate Trust is an equal opportunity employer.
Image credit: Flickr/Frans de Wit