Position Available: Senior Accounting Manager
Title: Senior Accounting Manager (pdf)
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full Time Position
Posting Date: June 27, 2016
Application Deadline: Until Filled
The Climate Trust, a quickly growing non-profit, based in Portland, OR, is a national leader in the development and promotion of high-quality greenhouse gas offset projects. We are a small organization on the edge of big things. Can you help us make it happen?
The Trust is seeking an energetic, detail-oriented problem solver and dot connector, who will be responsible for overseeing all accounting and bookkeeping activities, managing budgeting and accounting processes and policies, and managing company assets and carbon offset accounting. The right candidate will not be afraid to take on new challenges and grow their role, engage with the team in building a new business model, and develop new processes, even when doing so is a bit scary.
- Oversee Accounting Coordinator to perform all accounting functions, including A/R, A/P, prepare annual 1099s/1096, bank reconciliations, book bank transactions, and month-end close
- Work closely with auditors to perform annual audit for multiple companies
- Oversight of regular monthly financial reporting for all departments
- Coordinate internal audit of month-end close with subcontracting CPA
- Monitor and manage bank accounts, including monthly reconciliation
- Track contract revenue and assist program staff in budget reporting, billing, and adherence to contracted terms
- Review contracts, payments, registry documents and create tools that illustrate historical evidence of all transactions from project execution through completion/termination
- Present financial performance overview to board on a quarterly basis
- Perform monthly payroll
- Demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office applications (advanced Excel), and QuickBooks
- Five to 10 years accounting experience and formal education in accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Impeccable written and verbal skills—including grammar and clarity in all forms
- Finance & accounting experience with private equity funds
- Strong aptitude for stepping up to challenges
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Climate Trust offers a very strong benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; five weeks paid time off in the first year; flexible work hours; a 401K match; and a bus/bike commute incentive program.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a resume and cover letter with preferred salary range to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
The Climate Trust is an equal opportunity employer.
Image credit: Flickr/Tobias Toft